Despite the fact that I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning and walk and work on The New Project
despite the fact that I didn’t feel like descending into the basement tonight [a) Becca bailed. Again. b) a VERY interesting episode of “Designed to Sell” was on TV]
…..I got off my junky tail and did both.
And I’m glad I did.
If you refer back to last week’s darkroom recap, The Divine Miss B and I talked about the Trifecta of Sanity (balancing exercise : work : creative endeavors).
1. I am a better person to live with when I reclaim part of my day/life and I’m not entirely consumed by my Real Job. In fact: I think I do my Real Job better when I permit myself to have some “me” time. What’s that old saying…you have to “sharpen the axe” periodically? I’m not the dullest tool in the shed.
2. The New Project is not without its olfactory challenges. Today was a good day to be in the alleys (dominant scent: honeysuckle). Thursdays are not (trash day).
3. I am getting more exercise than anticipated. New rule/guideline: I don’t come home until I shoot at least 36 exposures. Today, that took 45 minutes. So, it’s not the most aerobic exercise in the world because I’m not running through the alleys and back streets. It’s more like “creative movement.”
4. Darkroom ran smoothly. Banged out a handful of contact sheets for the New Project and….wow…there’s some good stuff. Made some good looking test prints. Squeegeed without incident (and, B o’ B: you know how much I HATE to squeegee).
Tonight’s Darkroom Soundtrack (Top 5 Selections):
1. Trouble Me (10,000 Maniacs)
2. Why Can’t I? (Liz Phair)
3. Suddenly I See (KT Tunstall)
4. A Little More Love (Olivia Newton John)
5. Doesn’t Really Matter (Janet Jackson)