A lovely link to Austin Kleon’s fabulous blog post about the creative process. A must read for anyone who’s on the verge of taking a plunge off the creative diving board or anyone who feels like they’re blocked.
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to make things.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The Secret: Do good work, then put it where people can see it.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (the world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (it’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.
Take the five minutes to treat yourself to reading his post in its entirety. 🙂