Collars…errr, hats off to my four-legged friend Stuart of The Scottie Chronicles for nominating my humble little blog for an award 😉 First, that was very, very kind of him to do. Second, it’s time for me to pay it forward!
There is a homework component to the nomination, so here goes:
- Include the award Logo(s) in a post or in your blog. Check!
- Answer 10 question about yourself. Check!
- Nominate other fabulous bloggers. Happily.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award. Done.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you. Done! See above.
What is your favourite colour? Blue. No, wait. Green. Blue or green. And by “blue,” I mean a soft, periwinkle blue. And my fave green du jour is peridot.
What is your favourite animal? Golden retrievers, even though the older I get, the more allergic I get to them. I like pictures of Golden retrievers the best.
What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Fresh-brewed, unsweetened iced tea. I am sweet enough, thank you very much.
Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Hands down: Facebook. I need more than 140 characters and/or little bitty links to fully express myself.
What’s your passion? Creating beautiful things (could be a photo, could be dinner, could be a new garden bed…doesn’t matter. Just needs to be pretty).
What’s your favourite pattern? Is this a trick question? I don’t sew.
Do you prefer giving or getting presents? Giving! I’d rather DO things than have things.
What is your favourite number? Eight. When turned on its side, it’s the symbol for infinity. Yes. Just like those of you of a Certain Age learned about the number in the “Schoolhouse Rock” video.
Favourite day of the week? Friday.
Favourite Flower? Sorry. I have more than one: iris, hydrangea, daffodils, pinks, clematis…..
10 Fun facts about me:
1. I wear only one contact lens.
2. I’m right-handed, but I bat and bowl better with my left hand.
3. I taught myself how to read music and play the piano at age 4.
4. I used to live on an island with my dog.
5. I’ve always wanted to learn how to paint.
6. I am a phenomenal cook (I’m my own favorite restaurant). My friend Sarah will vouch for me.
7. I don’t have a good track record for keeping orchids alive.
8. I love all kinds of music, except anything by Dave Matthews. There. I said it.
9. I knew at age 10 that I wouldn’t stay in Connecticut (where I was raised) and that I wanted to live in Virginia.
10. I was once told that in a past life, I was a 14th-century French nun.
Now for MY nominees:
http://scottiechronicles.com/. Yes: I am nominating he who nominated ME. I get SUCH a laugh out of this blog. Laughing is good for your health. Go.
http://www.fusingafullerlife.com/nancys-blog/: My kicker-in-the-butt buddy Nancy Giere: half-life coach, half-dichroic glass artisan. We all need a little more balance; we could all use a little more Nancy.
http://luannudell.wordpress.com/ Another amazing artisan/philospher/multi-tasker after my own heart. Plus she lives in New Hampshire, my home-away-from-home. What’s not to like?
http://lyn-genet.blogspot.com/ this lady is one to watch! Lyn-Genet Recitas is my Food Goddess…..she has helped me work thru so many of my food intolerance issues and made me fall in love with kale. Before we worked together, I thought kale was only a garnish. Who knew?!!!!
Please go check out these great blogs 😉